« return to job listing
Overview: Employing the most advanced weapons systems comes at a substantial monetary cost, as each new system has to be an advance over existing technologies, which requires extensive research and development. Acquisition Managers supervise and implement every aspect of the acquisition process from initial validation of the project through manufacturing, testing, and deployment.
- Develop internal controls to manage acquisition programs and support functions
- Establish performance standards, work schedules, and priorities
- Manage cost, schedules, performance, and supportability of acquisition programs
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in engineering, physical science, computer and information sciences, mathematics and statistics, economics, business, management or related support services is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required