« return to job listing
Overview: From bombers and jet fighters to cargo carriers, helicopters, and remotely piloted aircraft, the Air Force Reserve employs a remarkable variety of aircraft, each with its individual maintenance requirements. Aircraft Maintenance officers manage the entire scope of maintenance operations with the assistance of automated scheduling, resource allocation, and labor utilization systems.
- Direct aircraft maintenance operations in garrison and deployed locations that may include aircraft propulsion, pneudraulics, egress, fuel systems, electro-environmental, and avionics systems
- Ensure adherence to technical data, policy, procedures, and safe maintenance practices
- Coordinate key logistics requirements supporting aircraft maintenance operations
- Bachelor's degree; an undergraduate academic degree in engineering, management, industrial management, business management, logistics management, or physical sciences is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the nine-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required