« return to job listing
Attack Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot
Overview: Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) and the highly skilled pilots and crews that fly them have assumed an ever-increasing role in military strategy and operations. Attack RPA Pilots operate these specialized mission aircraft and command flight crews to accomplish reconnaissance, surveillance, attack, combat, training, and other missions.
- Plans and prepares for mission, including navigation, surveillance, reconnaissance, and weapons employment operations.
- Operates aircraft and commands crew
- Conducts or supervises training of crewmembers
- Develops plans and policies, monitors operations and advises commanders
- Bachelor’s Degree; an undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration, or management is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the nine-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required
- Completion of Air Force Undergraduate Remotely Piloted Aircraft Training (URT), or possess an aeronautical rating of Pilot or Navigator/Combat Systems Officer (CSO)