« return to job listing
Overview: Biomedical Scientists are the front runners in healthcare, as they help find new ways to treat and cure diseases using new strategies. They plan, administer, lead and manage multi-disciplinary programs and activities to keep healthcare professionals informed of new concepts, procedures, and techniques.
- Develops, evaluates, and interprets policies in health-related activities, to include areas such as technical training, research, clinical practice, therapeutics, and operational support.
- Coordinates policies for procurement, assignment, classification, selection, and training.
- Monitors and directs biomedical sciences programs. Inspects biomedical sciences activities.
- Advises medical facility commanders on establishing manning, equipping, and operating biomedical units and activities.
- Confers with medical facility commanders and staff members on biomedical information systems requirements and procedures.
- This is not an entry level position. Must possess an awarded AFSC of 42X3/4 or 43X3/4;
- Currently assigned to a valid, funded UMD authorization designated for AFSC 43B3/4.