« return to job listing
Cable and Antenna Systems
Overview: Effective communication on a global scale is essential for tactical and strategic Command and Control (C2) capabilities. Cable and wireless systems, including Local Area Networks (LANS) and Wide Area Networks (WANS) are installed and maintained around the world by Cable and Antenna Systems personnel.
- Install and maintain copper, coaxial, waveguide and fiber optic cable and antenna systems
- Install and maintain Local Area Networks (LANS) and Wide Area Networks (WANS)
- Operate and perform maintenance on tools, test equipment and vehicles
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in mathematics, computer science or information technologies are desirable.
- ASVAB score of 55 on Electrical or 55 on Mechanical
- Normal color vision, depth perception
- Normal gait and balance
- Physical ability to perform climbing duties
- Free from fear of heights and claustrophobia
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Line Installers and Repairers