« return to job listing
Overview: Client Systems personnel are the communications networking experts in the Air Force Reserve. They ensure that computer hardware and software are installed and functioning correctly, including the troubleshooting and repairing of problems that arise.
- Deploy, sustain, troubleshoot and repair standard voice, data, video network and cryptographic client devices
- Manage client user and device accounts
- Install and configure software operating systems and applications
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration and configuration of systems and applications
- Report security incidents and execute corrective security procedures
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in mathematics, computer science, computer principles or information technology is desirable. Any network or computing commercial certification is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 60 on Electrical or 55 on Electrical and 60 on Cyber Test
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Computer, Automated Teller and Office Machine Repairers