« return to job listing
Clinical Social Worker
Overview: The core of social work is promoting positive change in individuals, families and communities. Being a Clinical Social Worker in the Air Force Reserve offers a wonderful opportunity to assist and serve those who are serving their country, as reservists and their families often face unique pressures in adapting to military life.
- Plan, manage and provide social service in mental health, medical, correctional, "Children Have a Potential" and child advocacy programs
- Consult with medical staff, commanders, base agencies and others relative to social services
- Conduct research and training
- Master's in Social Work from a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is mandatory
- Entry level state license
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Commissioned Officer Training (COT). This 5 week course in located at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.