« return to job listing
Overview: The government has to be run with fiscal accountability and demonstration of a valid return on investment as key principles. Contracting Officers manage all aspects of the contracting process, including acquisition planning, solicitation, cost/price analysis, evaluation of offers, source selection, awards and contract administration.
- Perform acquisition planning to include analyzing purchase requests and determining proper contracting method and contract type
- Prepare and distribute solicitations
- Evaluate offers to include cost or price analysis, contractor responses and contractor suitability
- Select contract source, assemble contract and make award
- Administer contract to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's degree. A minimum of 24 semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of study from an accredited institution of higher education in any of the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, mandatory law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management is mandatory.
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required