« return to job listing
Overview: Effective cost analysis is an essential part of successful organizations, especially for government programs that must answer to Congress and the American Public. Cost Analysts provide commanders/leadership with sound, technical and quantitative information as a basis for making financial and programmatic decisions.
- Provide commanders/leadership with sound, technical and quantitative information
- Develops cost estimates and performs cost assessments in support of daily operations and warfighting missions
- Supports acquisition milestones and source selections. Systematically examines alternative courses of action and performs trade off studies to define and clarify financial advantages and disadvantages.
- Performs cost and economic analyses. Performs studies to estimate cost, analyze risk, and evaluate effectiveness of force structures, weapon systems, information systems, research and technology programs, and support activities.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, accounting, business, management, quantitative methods, finance, mathematics, statistics, marketing, or engineering is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- No record of conviction by a civilian court for offenses involving larceny, robbery, wrongful appropriation, burglary, or fraud
- Never received nonjudicial punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) for offenses involving acts of larceny, wrongful appropriation, robbery, burglary or fraud or never been convicted by military courts-martial for these same offenses.
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the nine-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required