« return to job listing
Cryptologic Language Analyst
Overview: Foreign language specialists are essential in modern military operations where conflicts frequently arise around the globe, and in areas “off the beaten path”. Cryptologic Language Analysts provide vital intelligence and are proficient in languages including Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Persian Farsi, Hebrew, Pashto or Urdu.
- Collection and Processing. Uses foreign language skills to search for, monitor, identify and process communications involving activities of interest.
- Analysis and Production. Analyzes and reports intelligence information consumed by customers within the Air Force, Intelligence Community, DoD, U.S. government, and foreign partners. Provides indications and warnings of adversarial intentions against U.S. or allied interests.
- Minimum ASVAB score of 72 on General
- No history of temporomandibular joint disorder or pain
- A minimum score of 110 on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery; or demonstrated proficiency in a DoD-trained acquisition language with an L2/R2 or better on the (DLPT) or OPI equivalent for which accession was approved by AF Career Field Manager
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Foreign language translator