« return to job listing
Cyberspace Effects Operations
Overview: The mission statement of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. The emerging 21st Century battleground is cyberspace; the computer networks and communication systems that manage our national defense and almost every aspect of our lives. Cyberspace Effects Operations officers supervise the operation of cyberspace weapons systems and command crews.
- Plan, develop and maintain cyber architectures and standards
- Plan and supervise networks to include establishment, operations, information assurance and defense
- Perform, supervise, or direct weapons system employment and associated crew activities
- Ensure operational readiness of crew by conducting or supervising mission specific training
- Monitor operations and advise commanders
- Bachelor's Degree. Undergraduate or graduate education related to computer science, computer engineering, or information technology is desirable, but not required.
- Prior service 3D, 1D7, 1B4 or 1N4X1A commissioning Airmen will be accepted regardless of undergraduate degree possessed, provided they meet other acceptance criteria
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required