Overview: A key advantage of being a dentist in the Air Force Reserve is seeing more smiles and no insurance forms. You will care for military members who are serving their country and their families, while not having to worry about the administrative details of a private practice. There are also continuing education programs and other valuable benefits.
- Examine, diagnose and treat disease, abnormalities and dysfunctional disorders of oral cavity
- Perform complex dental treatment procedures in the absence of a specialist
- Determine resource requirements for dental clinics and laboratories
- A doctor of dental surgery or a doctor of dental medicine degree from an American Dental Association accredited college or university
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Commissioned Officer Training (COT). This 5 week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.