« return to job listing
Overview: Developing new aircraft from the conceptual stage to the finished product is an extremely complicated and expensive process, as new systems require extensive research and testing. Developmental Engineers are responsible for technical management of all phases of a project so that the final product is delivered within budget, on-schedule and fully meeting performance requirements.
- Perform systems planning associated with design, development, manufacturing, sustainment and modification of systems
- Coordinate engineering and technical management activities
- Maintain workflow data to meet deadlines and established priorities
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Bachelor's degree with undergraduate specialization in aerospace, aeronautical or astronautical engineering, computer engineering, electronics, computing engineering, sytems engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, physical science or mathematics and statistics is mandatory
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required