« return to job listing
Overview: Endodontists are dental specialists who preform procedures such as root canals and dental implants preventing further pain and damage to teeth. These highly trained professionals work as a team with dentists in making sure military members have healthy and perfect smiles.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats diseases of dental pulps and periapical tissues of teeth
- Evaluates findings and prescribes method of treatment to prevent loss of teeth and to restore teeth to function
- Performs pulpal therapy, surgical treatment of radicular areas and removal of pathologic periapical tissue
- Formulates and implements procedures governing administration of endodontic service
- Doctor of Dental Surgery or a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from an American Dental Association accredited college or university is mandatory
- Current enrollment in an endodontics residency program acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF, is mandatory
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Officer Training School Abbreviated. This five-week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.