« return to job listing
Financial Management & Comptroller
Overview: At the center of any effective organization is a solid accounting system managed by efficient financial personnel. Commanders and managers must be able to view a snapshot of all financial operations through reports quickly generated by Financial Managers and Comptrollers, who maintain the accounting records and systems. These comptrollers also determine the availability of funds and propriety of claims, and then process dispersal of payments.
- Supervise and manage financial management activities at home station and deployed locations
- Process payroll and travel transaction records
- Review financial data for accuracy, resolve deficiencies and perform audits
- No record of conviction by a civilian court for offenses involving larceny, robbery, wrongful appropriation, burglary, or fraud.
- Never received non-judicial punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) for offenses involving acts of larceny, wrongful appropriation, robbery, burglary, or fraud; or never convicted by military courts-martial for these same offenses
- ASVAB score of 57 on General
- Demonstrated weight lift of 40 pounds
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX ,followed by Technical Training
- Technical Training - 57 days at Keesler AFB, MS
- College credit earned: Financial Management - 24 credits
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Financial Specialists
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks