« return to job listing
Generalist Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot
Overview: Generalist RPA pilots oversee RPA operations, pilots and crews. They develop plans and policies, monitor and evaluate operations, coordinate staff activities, and advise commanders.
- Monitors, evaluates, and directs flying operations and training programs
- Develops requirements for equipment and training
- Prepares and coordinates budgets
- Analyzes rated manpower requirements and formulates personnel policies. Prepares, coordinates, and disseminates policy directives and implementing instructions.
- Develops contingency plans
- Plans and prepares for mission, including tasking, intelligence and weather information
- Bachelor’s Degree; an undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration, or management is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Prior qualification in any remote pilot AFSC (18X3) is mandatory
- Current aeronautical rating and no permanent disqualification for aviation service as RPA