Ground Radar Systems
Overview: Ground Radar System personnel install and maintain the radar systems used for air traffic control, ground aircraft control, weather, air identification and air defense. They also operate and relocate related support, communications, and electronic test equipment.
- Install, maintain, and repair fixed or mobile air traffic control, weather, ground aircraft control and warning radar systems, related radar operator training devices, aircraft identification equipment, remoting systems, video mappers, computerized processors, and communications subsystems.
- Serve on or direct ground radar maintenance inspection teams
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- Demonstrated weight lift of 50 pounds
- Normal color vision
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Qualification to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX, followed by Technical Training
- Technical Training is 127 days at Keesler AFB, MS
- College degree and credits earned: Electronics Systems Technology - 34 credits
Related Civilian Careers:
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers