« return to job listing
Overview: Many Air Force Reserve functions depend upon ground vehicles and transportation. Ground Transportation personnel coordinate and manage all aspects of ground transportation and operations.
- Dispatch, operate and service motor vehicles including special purpose, base maintenance and material handling vehicles
- Prepare, review and maintain vehicle and operator records, logs and reports
- Plan and schedule vehicle operations and support requirements including school buses.
- Administer driver qualification and licensing program
- Perform general fleet and operations analyses
- Normal color vision
- Possess valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- ASVAB score of 40 on Mechanical
- Eligibility to deploy and mobilize worldwide
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX , followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Bus Drivers
- Heavy and Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers
- Light Truck or Delivery Service Drivers