« return to job listing
Overview: Military history is filled with events and stories of bravery, courage, sacrifice, victory and defeat that have determined to a large extent, the status and role of our country today. The documentation and preservation of this rich history is the responsibility of Air Force Reserve Historians, who also prepare and present historical studies and papers that meet critical research standards.
- Provide historical research and reference services
- Maintain historical document repository
- Prepare historical publications
- Write well organized, fully documented, analytical narratives
- HS diploma or GED is mandatory. Completion of college-level courses in history, English, speech, statistics, technical writing and political science is desireable.
- Prior military service is required; this is not an entry level position
- Prior qualification in any AFSC at the 5-skill level or higher (3-skill level if no 5-skill level exists)
- Overall EPR rating of “4” or “5”and/or have “Exceeded some, but not all expectations” and/or “Exceeded most, if not all expectations” on the last three performance reports
- Outstanding military bearing and conduct
- No previous convictions by courts-martial; punishment under the provisions of Article 15, UCMJ in the previous 6 years; or convictions by a civilian court except for minor traffic violations and similar infractions listed in AFI 36-2002, Regular Air Force and Special Category Accessions.
- Minimum ASVAB score of 72 on General
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to speak English clearly and distinctly
- Ability to type 25 words per minute
- Commander's recommendation following a face-to-face interview
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
Related Civilian Occupation: