« return to job listing
Overview: Any successful task begins with accumulating accurate information and then establishing plans to effectively implement that knowledge. Information Operation Officers plan and integrate information-related capabilities (IRCs) across the full range of military operations.
- Direct IO activities and organizations, and establish goals and objectives that can be achieved by a full range of military options
- Develops IO plans and policies
- Confer with government, business, professional, scientific, and other nations’ organizations to provide support, exchange ideas, participate in studies, and coordinate on proposals and findings
- Plan, coordinate, and integrate all IRCs with Service, Joint, and Interagency organizations
- Conduct nuanced analysis and planning commensurate with human, social, cultural, and political dynamics
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: science, humanities, social sciences, structured analysis, engineering or mathematics.
- Some level of foreign language study is highly desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the nine-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required