« return to job listing
Knowledge Operations Management
Overview: Managing the flow, distribution, life-cycle and disposal of communications, information and data from all sources is performed by Knowledge Operations Management personnel, who are also responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act and other use of information regulations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage data assets, including conducting information analyses to determine proper flow and life-cycle management of information, regardless of medium
- Manage technologies to capture, organize and store tacit (personal know-how) and explicit (recorded) knowledge
- Comply with Privacy Act (PA) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) procedures and ensure others comply
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in business, mathematics, computer science and information systems are desirable.
- ASVAB score of 64 on Administrative
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Information and Records Clerks
- Computer Operators
- Desktop publishers