« return to job listing
Mobility Air Forces Electronic Systems
Overview: Mobility Air Forces are the heavy lifters: the transporters of cargo and personnel that compromise the largest percentage of Air Force Reserve missions. Mobility aircraft include the C-5, C-17, C-130, KC-10 and KC-135. These large aircraft are routinely required to make “combat landings” and utilize highly sophisticated electronic systems.
AFSC: 2A8X1, 2A8X2
- Maintains aircraft, support equipment, forms and records. Performs and supervises flight chief, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, quality assurance, and maintenance support functions.
- Performs preflight, thru-flight, end-of-runway, postflight, special inspections and phase inspections.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and maintains aircraft structures, engines, hydraulic, and other related systems, components, and related equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance plans and schedules to meet operational requirements
- Minimum ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- Normal color vision
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs: