« return to job listing
Munitions and Missile Maintenance
Overview: Munitions refers to the weapons and ammunition that are essential in military capabilities and operations, and missiles serve to deliver this weaponry to its intended target. As with many military missions, the application of strength also carries with it immense responsibility. Munitions and Missile Maintenance Officers manage the maintenance and modification of conventional munitions, nuclear weapons, intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) and associated equipment.
- Formulates maintenance procedures for all munitions and missile systems
- Assesses operational requirements and environment. Advises commanders on risks associated with conventional munitions, nuclear weapons and missile operations.
- Plans and organizes munitions and missile maintenance activities; provides space, tools, test equipment and spare parts; establishes workflow
- Develops procedures for, and manages, routine disposal of common US munitions and develops munitions accountability programs
- Bachelor’s Degree; specialites in engineering, computer science, mathematics and statistics, missile and space systems technology, physical sciences, economics or business administration/management are desireable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required