« return to job listing
Overview: Planning, organizing and supervising nursing care activities in hospitals and other medical treatment facilities is the responsibility of Nurse Administrators. This is a staff level position and these officers directly advise commanders relative to nursing matters.
- Direct nursing service activities
- Evaluate, qualify and maintain functional control of nursing officers, civilian nurses and ancillary nursing personnel
- Provide staff development programs for all levels of nursing personnel
- Serve as advisor to commanders, Surgeon General or command surgeon on nursing matters
- Must be a graduate of an accredited baccalaureate degree in nursing or awarded a post-baccalaureate (masters or doctorate) degree in nursing. The basic nursing program and graduate degree in nursing must be nationally accredited.
- A Master's degree in nursing or related specialty from an accredited educational program approved by the AF/SG is preferred
- Unrestricted license to practice (excludes temporary restrictions) IAW AFI 44-119
- A minimum of 10 years nursing experience which has provided opportunities to refine competencies in nursing practice and to apply leadership principles
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Commissioned Officer Training (COT). This 5 week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.