« return to job listing
Overview: Keeping a project on time and under budget is not an easy task. Operations Management personnel are the project managers who are responsible for taking a project from the design stage to completion, which involves extensive coordination with engineers, civilian contractors and materials vendors.
- Establish and manage civil engineering command and control centers
- Prepare and manage work requirements and work orders during approval, processing and completion stages
- Ensure identification of environmental concerns
- Coordinate and collaborate with all appropriate agencies
- Completion of high school with courses in mathematics and English composition is mandatory. Accounting, typing and computer operations are desirable.
- For AFRC personnel, refer to AFRCI 10-210, dated 14 Jan 14, regarding completion of AFIT WMGT 570 course
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely and distinctly
- ASVAB score of 44 on General
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Construction Project Management