« return to job listing
Operations Research Analyst
Overview: Military missions and operations are constantly evolving with the addition of new information, systems and equipment, and new applications must be thoroughly researched, tested and analyzed prior to purchase or implementation. Operations Research Analysts apply Operations Research and Systems Analysis methods to general research, test and evaluation analysis, strategic assessment, operational assessment, cost analysis, resource analysis, force structure analysis, and other analytic work.
- Applies analyses and assessments methods to problems regarding strategic and operational planning, current operations, emerging issues, requirements, acquisitions, and mission support
- Conducts and manages experiments and tests
- Develops new concepts, methods, and techniques to solve scientific and operational problems
- Recommends research and development projects, and acceptance or non-acceptance of research products
- Manages scientific programs, projects, and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in required in one of the following disciplines: operations research, mathematics, statistics, industrial engineering, computational science, data science, computer science, quantitative economics, industrial or systems engineering, engineering, physics or other economics. Operations Research is the preferred degree.
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required