« return to job listing
Overview: Since before the Civil War, military and combat photographers have captured important and unforgettable moments in our nation's history. Photojournalists continue to play an essential role in telling the story of the people, aircraft and missions of the Air Force Reserve.
- Acquire imagery in controlled, uncontrolled and combat environments
- Obtain data, write captions and cover stories
- Set up and operates camera mounts and lighting systems
- Coordinate with medical staff to perform clinical and surgical photography
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Courses in creative arts and communications are advantageous.
- Normal color vision
- Ability to type 20 words per minute
- Absence of any speech impediment, and ability to read aloud and speak distinctly
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- ASVAB score of 72 on General
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Art Directors
- Media and Communication Equipment Workers