« return to job listing
Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance
Overview: Refuelers and Bombers routinely fly long-distance over many hours in accomplishing their missions. These large aircraft feature sophisticated refueling and munitions delivery systems that require specialized knowledge to maintain and ensure that they are operating optimally and that their pilots return safely.
- Maintains aircraft, support equipment, forms and records. Performs and supervises flight chief, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, quality assurance, and maintenance support functions.
- Performs preflight, thru-flight, end-of-runway, postflight, special inspections and phase inspections.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and maintains aircraft structures, engines, hydraulic, and other related systems, components, and related equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance plans and schedules to meet operational requirements
- Minimum ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical
- Normal color vision
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Aircraft quality inspector
- Flight safety investigator