« return to job listing
Overview: The Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) is a federal law enforcement agency that operates outside the traditional military chain of command. Military investigations may range from running background checks to investigating major law violations as well as espionage, sabotage, terrorism and other major security violations.
- Plans, conducts, documents, and manages proactive and reactive investigative activities. Interviews victims and witnesses and interrogates persons suspected of committing major violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and other laws.
- Plans, conducts, documents, and manages counterintelligence and force protection investigative activities. Investigates allegations of espionage, sabotage, terrorism, subversion, and major security violations.
- Plans, conducts, documents and manages suitability investigations to determine whether unfavorable information exists on persons regarding their character, loyalty, discretion, integrity, and financial responsibility.
- Plans, conducts, documents, and manages technical services support to all AFOSI investigative mission areas.
- Minimum ASVAB score of 44 on General
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the time of acceptance.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and distinctly
- Qualification to bear firearms
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Normal color vision
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Field Investigator
- Law Enforcement