« return to job listing
Overview: The Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) is a federal law enforcement agency that operates outside the traditional military chain of command. Military investigations may range from running background checks to investigating major law violations as well as espionage, sabotage, terrorism and other major security violations.
- Plans, conducts, documents and manages proactive and reactive investigative activities. Interviews victims and witnesses and interrogates persons suspected of committing major violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and other laws.
- Plans, conducts, documents and manages counterintelligence and force protection investigative activities. Investigates allegations of espionage, sabotage, terrorism, subversion and major security violations.
- Plans, conducts, documents and manages suitability investigations to determine whether unfavorable information exists on persons regarding their character, loyalty, discretion, integrity and financial responsibility.
- Plans, conducts, documents and manages technical services support to all AFOSI investigative mission areas
- High school diploma or GED. Courses in computer use and operations, accounting and a foreign language are desirable
- Minimum ASVAB score of 44 on General
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the time of acceptance
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and distinctly
- Qualification to bear firearms according to AFI 31-117
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Normal color vision
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Field Investigator
- Law Enforcement