« return to job listing
Overview: In a world where nearly everyone has a cell phone and computers are increasingly wireless the sheer number of signals transmitted and received in the air surrounding us is astounding. Spectrum Operations personnel are tasked with managing the electromagnetic frequencies within this airspace to ensure that communications are effectively sent and received.
- Analyze requirements and request frequencies to support ground, aircraft and space systems
- Coordinate radio, radar, land and other electromagnetic radiating or receiving requirements
- Provide guidance regarding wireless communications systems, technologies and configurations
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in algebra, geometry and physics is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 60 on Electrical
- Prior qualification in AFSCs 1A3X1, 1C4X1, 1C5X1, 1C6X1, 1C8XX, 1N2X1, 1N4X1, 2A0X1P, 2A2X3A, 2A5X3, 2A8X1, 2A9X3B or 3D1XX at the 5-skill level or higher (3-skill level if no 5-skill level exists)
- Other AFSCs not listed above will be considered as a retraining exception to policy (ETP) with Career Field Manager (CFM) approval
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
Related Civilian Careers:
- Communications Equipment Operator