« return to job listing
Overview: In a world where nearly everyone has a cell phone and computers are increasingly wireless the sheer number of signals transmitted and received in the air surrounding us is astounding. Spectrum Operations personnel are tasked with managing the electromagnetic frequencies within this airspace to ensure that communications are effectively sent and received.
- Analyze requirements and request frequencies to support ground, aircraft, and space systems
- Coordinate radio, radar, land, and other electromagnetic radiating or receiving requirements.
- Provide guidance regarding wireless communications systems, technologies and configurations
- ASVAB score of 60 on Electrical
- Demonstrated weight lift of 50 pounds
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Prior qualification in any AFSC 3D0XX, 3D1XX, 1A3X1, 1C4X1, 1C5X1, 1C6X1, 1N2X1A, 1N6X1 at the 5-skill level or higher (3-skill level if no 5-skill level exists)
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX, followed by Technical Training
- Technical Training at Keesler AFB, MS
- College credits earned: Electronics and Telecommunications - credits vary
Related Civilian Careers:
- Communications Equipment Operator