« return to job listing
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation)
Overview: Tactical Aircraft is another name for fighters, strike fighters and attack aircraft. These finely tuned jets require highly trained specialists to effectively service and maintain each component system on these aircraft to ensure optimum performance and pilot safety.
- Maintains aircraft, support equipment, forms and records. Performs and supervises flight chief, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, quality assurance, and maintenance support functions.
- Performs preflight, thru-flight, end-of-runway, postflight, special inspections and phase inspections.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and maintains aircraft structures, engines, hydraulic, and other related systems, components, and equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance plans and schedules to meet operational requirements
- Minimum ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical
- Normal color vision
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Aircraft quality inspector
- Flight safety investigator
- Aircraft painter