« return to job listing
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation)
Overview: Tactical Aircraft is another name for fighters, strike fighters and attack aircraft. These finely tuned jets require highly trained specialists to effectively service and maintain each component system on these aircraft to ensure optimum performance and pilot safety. 5th Generation aircraft, including the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning, feature all-new levels of performance, stealth capabilities and avionics systems.
- Maintains aircraft, support equipment, forms and records. Performs and supervises flight chief, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, quality assurance and maintenance support functions.
- Performs preflight, thru-flight, end-of-runway, postflight, special inspections and phase inspections
- Inspects, troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, engines, hydraulic and other related systems, components and equipment
- Coordinates maintenance plans and schedules to meet operational requirements
- For entry into this specialty completion of high school is mandatory. Completion of related vocational courses is highly desirable.
- ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical
- Normal color vision
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Aircraft quality inspector
- Flight safety investigator
- Aircraft Maintenance and Repair