Overview: Trainer Pilots utilize their extensive knowledge and experience to conduct and supervise pilot training. These officers command the T-1A Jayhawk, T-37 Tweet, T-38 Talon and T-6A Texan 11 aircraft that are utilized in flight training programs all student pilots must successfully complete prior to being rated and qualified as a pilot.
- Ensure optimum training opportunities and progress by conducting or supervising student training
- Develop plans and policies, monitor operations and advise commanders
- Bachelor's degree; an undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration, or management is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- A current aeronautical rating and qualification for aviation service as pilot
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the nine week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required
- Completion of Air Force Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training (SUPT)/Helicopter