« return to job listing
Warfighter Communications Operations Officer
Overview: Warfighter Communications Operations Officers are responsible for the planning, operation, supervision and security of a vast array of Department of Defense information network (DODIN) computer, communications, operations and tracking systems. They focus on two key areas, Cyber Control (operations) and Cyber Defense (security).
- Translate operational requirements into architectural and technical solutions. Work with commanders to deliver complete capabilities that include technical and procedural components.
- Research or oversee research of technologies and advise commanders on associated risks and mitigation factors in conjunction with meeting requirements
- Conduct or supervise training of crewmembers. Ensure operational readiness of crew by conducting or supervising mission specific training.
- Direct extension, employment, reconfiguration, adaptation and creation of portions of cyberspace to assure mission success for combatant commanders. This includes both deliberate and crisis action scenarios.
- Develop plans and policies, monitor operations, and advise commanders
- Bachelor's Degree. Undergraduate or graduate education related to computer science, computer engineering or information technology is desirable, but not required.
- Prior service 1B4 or 1N4X1A commissioning Airmen, and equivalent career fields in other services, will be accepted regardless of undergraduate degree possessed
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required