Overview: Weather has always played a key factor in military operations and it still does today, even with modern flight technologies. Weather officers are responsible for directing weather forecasting activities and integrating weather conditions into the planning of military missions as well as disaster relief and humanitarian operations.
- Analyze meteorological data and prepare forecasts
- Conduct meteorological, astrophysical and geophysical studies
- Coordinate atmospheric and space research activities with military and civilian agencies
- Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology, Mathematics, Statistics or Physical Sciences
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the nine week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required